Monday, August 19, 2024

3 - Är- Your - Friday, 28 February 2003

No. 3 
Är- Your 
Friday, 28 February 2003 

  

Dear Amare-Amuri, 

  

Question: What principles guide your actions when in the company of others? 

  

The principles that guide my actions when I am in the company of others are founded on several core values that I hold dear.  

  

1. Honesty: I believe that honesty is the cornerstone of any meaningful relationship. It means being truthful and transparent in all my interactions. This honesty builds trust and integrity, which are crucial for fostering strong, genuine connections. Being honest also involves being authentic and not pretending to be someone I am not, ensuring that the other person can trust my words and intentions. 

  

2. Active Listening: Listening keenly to what others say is essential. It means giving them my full attention and showing that I value their thoughts and feelings. Active listening involves more than just hearing words; it includes understanding the emotions and intentions behind those words. I make an effort to respond thoughtfully, showing that I have truly engaged with what they have shared. This helps build rapport and demonstrates respect for their perspective. 

  

3. Cultural Sensitivity: Ensuring that my words and actions align with the cultural beliefs and values of the person I am with is vital to me. This means being aware of and respecting their traditions, customs, and viewpoints. I strive to avoid any behavior that might cause offense or upset, creating a respectful and inclusive environment. Cultural sensitivity helps in building a sense of belonging and mutual respect. 

  

By respecting the other person and their identity, I aim to create a space of harmony, joy, and open communication. This environment allows trust to flourish and encourages the exchange of uplifting, kind, affirmative, and inspirational words. Understanding that conversations can sometimes be intense, I ease others into discussions by offering compliments and maintaining a warm, friendly demeanor. This approach helps to relax them, making them more open and willing to share their thoughts and feelings. 

  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

60 - Katika- At - Friday, 28 February 2003

No. 60   Katika- At   Friday, 28 February 2003   Dear Amare-Amuri,    At no point in time   Did I ever not love   To sing praises to God   A...