Tuesday, September 17, 2024

34 - Wach- Pointing - Friday, 28 February 2003

No. 34 
Wach- Pointing 
Friday, 28 February 2003 

Dear Amare-Amuri, 

12. "A man who has one finger pointing at another has three fingers pointing back at himself." 

    - Explanation: This proverb teaches about self-reflection and accountability. It suggests that when we criticize others, we should also consider our own faults.  

I consider my own faults of talking too much when it is not necessary and venting too much to the wrong people who do not have my best interests at heart.  

It highlights the tendency to overlook our own shortcomings while pointing out others' mistakes.  

My shortcomings are trying to be like my siblings and taking on others' problems. Which I cannot and must not do. As that is not healthy. Or beneficial for me. I am me. They are them. I cannot be them. They cannot be me. I am at peace with myself. 

The proverb encourages introspection and personal responsibility. 

I pray to God to cast out any impurities or rebellious spirit inside of me that is not of Him and create in me a clean heart. And help me to listen to my parents and my aunts in complete obedience and stamp out defiance and backtalking.  

 It serves as a reminder to be fair and self-aware in judgment. 

To be fair and self-aware that I am human, and I cannot judge anyone.  

    - Action Step: When criticizing someone, take a moment to reflect on your own similar behaviors or faults. Use this reflection to guide more constructive and empathetic feedback. 

I understand that I have my faults and behaviors that irritate people. But I am working to improve on them. I just wish others would be more understanding of it and not cast judgment because of my health issues and walk away casting me away as a lost cause. I am not a lost cause. I am a person of promise. I am a person with a future. I am a person of greatness with God. God said it. I believe it.  

All my love, 
Mama 


No comments:

Post a Comment

60 - Katika- At - Friday, 28 February 2003

No. 60   Katika- At   Friday, 28 February 2003   Dear Amare-Amuri,    At no point in time   Did I ever not love   To sing praises to God   A...