Thursday, September 19, 2024

36 - Nyando- River - Friday, 28 February 2003

No. 36 
Nyando- River 
Friday, 28 February 2003 

Dear Amare-Amuri, 

14. "A river does not flow in a straight line." 

    - Explanation: This proverb metaphorically represents the unpredictable nature of life and the necessity to adapt to changes. Just as a river winds and bends, life is full of twists and turns. It teaches acceptance and flexibility in the face of challenges and uncertainties.  

I accept my ability to change. I accept my ability to grow. I accept my ability to thrive. I accept my ability to rise to the challenge of life and succeed and build my faith and my confidence in myself and in God. This I trust and I believe 

Embracing this perspective helps in managing expectations and handling life's complexities with resilience. It encourages adaptability and patience. 

I am adaptive to any situation and any circumstance. At any given time. At any given moment. 

    - Action Step: Identify a recent challenge or change in your life. 

Having my second elder brother leave the home. That was a recent challenge last year that I faced. It was a change that I had to get used to. Not hugging him. Not hearing his wisdom. Not seeing his beautiful smile. I miss him every day. But I know that eventually we will see each other once again. I have faith that we will. I know that we will. 

Develop strategies to adapt and navigate through it with flexibility and resilience. 

Keeping a positive attitude despite the storms raging in my life with the siblings' factions. I just wade through it like sea salt. Not letting it bother me. It too shall pass. Eventually they will turn on each other. It will happen. Of that, I am sure. When? I do not know. But counting on their loyalty is stupid. They are only loyal to themselves. Not to anyone else in the family. Well and their friends. But only for a season.  

All my love, 
Mama 


No comments:

Post a Comment

60 - Katika- At - Friday, 28 February 2003

No. 60   Katika- At   Friday, 28 February 2003   Dear Amare-Amuri,    At no point in time   Did I ever not love   To sing praises to God   A...